This guided meditation audio recording is also available on Insight Timer and Sound Cloud.
Click on the link to identify locations to order a copy of The Green Mountain Astrological Moon Journal 2021, through your independent bookstore, your favorite brick & mortar, or online bookseller. Also available through Lulu.com, Barnes & Noble, Amazon.
Leo 2021 Astrological Moon Journaling Guided Meditation
Welcome, dear friends, to this intuitive moon journaling guided meditation, for the Leo Moon Cycle 2021.
Using Universal Time, the dates are August 8th through September 6th, 2021
We will journal together in a meditative approach, open to our intuition, and create initial journaling phrases to align with the moon cycle.
We open our compassionate hearts toward the highest and best for this moon cycle.
A brief note about weaving intuition into your daily life… sometimes staying constantly in tune with intuition can feel overwhelming.
Please use an ongoing grounding exercise that works for your individual needs.
This guided journaling meditation is not meant as a substitute for professional mental health or spiritual counseling.
Gather your journal, pen, or pencil to write your emergent intuitive journaling sentences during this session.
Gather your natal astrological chart if you are working with it today – to identify the moon’s phases in your natal houses.
To help us with grounding before we begin,
let’s take this next moment to do some slow deep breathing,
using your own rhythm.
The moon’s gradually changing reflective light provides a guiding template for personal and collective nurturance and comfort.
Connect with the moon right now – perhaps you may know where it is in your sky at this moment. Visualize a shimmering thread that goes the full distance between you and the moon.
This sacred cycle regulates the ocean’s tides, our cycles of blood, and all cycles of life and regeneration.
The ancient repeating pattern of light and darkness of the moon’s phases calls to us, inviting us again today:
For self-reflection from our inner knowledge – and – supporting us together to experience a state of intuitive listening.
In our meditation today, we follow the moon’s cycle with the imagery of a flower, from germination to flowering to seed, and align with the recurring and regenerative cycle of nature.
Let’s now begin our intuitive Moon journaling together.
The New Moon Phase ♌
- At this new moon in Leo – what is emerging?
- In the darkness underground, germination of the seed is in completion, and the tiny sprout begins to unfurl toward the warmth and light of the sun.
- what is emerging, what am I open to for the new cycle?
- What is entering my awareness?
- This is a contemplative phase, where we can set our intentions for the whole cycle ahead.
- The radiant and compassionate sign of Leo, the Sun, and the 5th House are associated with every New Moon Phase.
- We emerge with heart centered and creative self-expression.
Using universal time, this new moon is on August 8th at 13:49 UTC.
At the NEW MOON phase, the moon and sun are at the same degree, which is 16°♌ 14’.
Some of the journaling keywords you can consider for Leo are: Loving, dramatic, courageous, generous, playful, and romantic.
An example may be:
“I emerge with loving and generous heart-centered and creative self-expression.”
Basic keywords for the houses
If you are using your own natal chart, identify house placement of the moon’s degree at each phase. Choose keywords for that House; these are nouns, to further complete your sentence.
First House: my self/my image
Second House: my resources/my wealth
Third House: my communications/my thoughts
Fourth House: my home/my foundations
Fifth House: my creativity/my joy
Sixth House: my health/ my daily habits
Seventh House: my relationships/my commitments
Eighth House: my shared resources/ my intimacies
Ninth House: My beliefs/my wisdom
Tenth House: My career/ my soul’s calling
Eleventh House: my community/my friends
Twelfth House: my spirituality/my oneness with the universe
The Crescent Moon Phase ♎
- At the Crescent moon in Libra: what is The promise or challenge?
- The tiny sprout becomes a seedling that needs nurturance.
- We reach out toward a promise of change, although it may be challenging.
- What do I need to overcome to move forward?
- What am I resisting?
- This is a preparatory phase.
- The sensitive, vulnerable and intuitive sign of Cancer, The Moon, and the 4th House are associated with every Crescent Moon Phase.
- We carefully reach out toward helpful supports, to receive nurturance.
Using universal time, this CRESCENT moon is onAugust 12th at 04:18 UTC.
The degree of the CRESCENT moon phase is 04°♎41’ – 45 degrees ahead of the Leo sun, which is now at 19°♌41’.
Some of the journaling keywords for Libra are: Cooperative, impartial, balanced, agreeable, considerate, charming, refined, artistic
An example of an initial journaling sentence may be:
“I promise and challenge myself to reach out for impartial and balanced guidance and nurturance.”
The First Quarter Moon Phase ♏
At the First-quarter moon phase in Scorpio, what action shall I take?.
- The plant develops roots, stems and leaves, and photosynthesis strengthens.
- What are the steps I need to take right now? What will move me forward in my intentions?
- This is the action phase, to expand our experience into the world.
- The exploratory sign of Sagittarius, the planet Jupiter, and the 9th House are associated with every FIRST QUARTER phase.
- We expand and explore our options to experience the world more fully.
Using universal time, this FIRST QUARTER phase is on August 15th at 15:19 UTC.
The degree of the FIRST QUARTER phase is 23°♏00’ – 90 degrees ahead of the Leo sun, which is now at 23°♌.
Some of the journaling keywords for Scorpio are: transformative, healing, musical, trustful, loyal, secretive, sexual
An example of a journaling entry may be:
“I take transformative action to expand and explore my options to more fully experience the world.”
The Gibbous Moon Phase ♑
- During this Gibbous moon phase in Capricorn, what structures will I manifest?
- Buds appear on the branches of the plant and grow.
- How do I manifest growth? What needs to be adjusted?
- This is a maintenance phase, for tempered growth and supportive adjustments.
- The manifesting and realistic sign of Capricorn, the planet Saturn, and the 10th house are associated with every GIBBOUS MOON PHASE.
- We take stock of our progress and make patient, informed, realistic decisions.
Using universal time, this GIBBOUS phase is on August 19th at 01:02 UTC.
The degree of the GIBBOUS phase is 11°♑17’ – 135 degrees ahead of the Leo sun, now at 25°♌27’.
Some of the journaling keywords for Capricorn are: Responsible, ambitious, successful, conservative, mature, practical realistic
An example of a journal entry may be:
“I grow and manifest through patient, informed, realistic decisions.”
The Full Moon Phase ♒
- during this Full Moon in the sign of Aquarius,what Reflection and fulfillment am I communicating?
- Blooming flowers appear and enjoy turning their faces to reflect and enjoy the warmth of the sun.
- How am I seeing and communicating my process?
- How do I reflect my experience within myself and in my outer world?
- This is a reflective phase, to be thankful and grateful, offering compassion for ourselves and others.
- The communicative sign of Gemini, and the discerning sign of Virgo, planet Mercury, and both the 3rd and 6th houses are associated with every FULL MOON phase.
- We reflect upon our own experiences in communication with others.
Using universal time, this FULL MOON PHASE is on August 22nd at 12:01 UTC.
The degree of the FULL MOON phase is 29°♒37′ – 180 degrees ahead of the Leo sun which is now at 29°♌37’.
Some of the journaling keywords for Aquarius are progressive, gregarious, rebellious, intellectual, independent, intuitive, inventive, tolerant.
An example of a journal entry may be:
“I reflect on my intuitive experiences and communicate with others.”
The Disseminating Moon Phase ♈
- At this Disseminating Moon phase in Aries, how do I share with others?
- The fruit of the plant is shared in the community; it is the time of the first harvest.
- How can I now share my experiences and knowledge with kindness and care?
- How can I help others through my learnings and experiences?
- The romantic and loving signs of Taurus and Libra, planet Venus, and both the 2nd and 8th Houses are associated with every DISSEMINATING MOON phase.
- We share with our community.
Using universal time, the DISSEMINATING PHASE is on August 26th at 05:26 UTC.
At the DISSEMINATING PHASE, the moon is at 18°♈12’, 225 degrees ahead of the sun which has now moved into the sign of Virgo at 03°♍12’.
Some of the journaling keywords for Aries are: Assertive, passionate, athletic, enthusiastic, active, initiating, energetic, daring, fearless
An example may be:
“I passionately share my enthusiasm with my community.”
Last Quarter Moon Phase ♊
- During this Last Quarter moon phase in Gemini, what change and reorienting of my perspective do I need to make?
- The plant’s life energy shifts, and composting begins, to foster the next cycle. It is the last harvest.
- What changes do I need to make? What perspectives need reorientation?
- This phase is for
- The open-minded sign of Aquarius, the planet Uranus, and the 11th house are the symbols of this phase.
- We shift our perspective based on new information or reasoning.
Using universal time, this LAST QUARTER PHASE is on August 30th at 07:13 UTC.
At the LAST QUARTER phase, the moon is at 07°♊08, 270 degrees ahead of the sun, which is now at 07°♍08.
Some of the journaling keywords for Gemini are: Curious, articulate, intelligent flexible, clever, cheerful, light-hearted.
An example may be:
“I change my perspective based on intelligent new information or reasoning.”
The Balsamic Moon Phase ♋
- During this Balsamic moon phase in Cancer, what am I gifting, releasing, and planning for the next cycle?
- A Sacred gift, saved from this past cycle, the seed is planted and released to develop the next cycle; germination begins again in the darkness underground.
- What do I wish to release? What plans do I move forward with for the next cycle? What is my “sacred gift”, my “give-away”?
- This is a sacred and contemplative phase as we move toward the next new moon.
- The transformational sign of Scorpio, the planets Mars and Pluto, and the 8th House are symbols of the Balsamic Moon Phase.
- Through our gifting and ability to transform, we are repeatedly renewed.
Using universal time, this BALSAMIC is on September 3rd at 08:28 UTC.
At the BALSAMIC phase, the moon is at 26°♋03’ – 315 degrees ahead of the sun, now at 11°♍03’.
Some of the journaling keywords for Cancer are: Nurturing, emotional, protective, psychic, domestic, sustaining, supportive, attached.
An example may be:
“I offer my sacred gift of protective and nurturing transformation and renewal.”
Close our journaling meditation
As we close our meditation today, dear friends, take a few minutes to gently integrate and confirm our intentions for this Leo moon cycle.
(allow time for a few slow breaths)
May the words we have written today support and sustain us and bring sacred nurturance and joy.
I look forward to meditating with you at the next moon cycle for the sign of Virgo, which begins on September 7, 2021, at 00:51 Universal Time.
To purchase a copy of The Green Mountain Astrological Moon Journal 2021, click on the link to identify locations to order: Indie Bookstores, Lulu.com, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or your favorite brick & mortar or online bookseller.